Top 5 Natural Healing Benefits of Popular Bulgarian Herb Lovage a Member of the Parsley Family
What is lovage? It is a member of the parsley family and widely-used in parts of Europe and southwest Asia. Here are some health benefits of this herb. Lovage is also a great addition to any recipe. It can be used as a replacement for celery, but is a bit stronger. The leaves can be mixed into salads or soups.
1. You can use lovage to loosen phlegm in the lungs, which improves ones breathing, and oxygen intake.
2. Lovage is a type of diuretic that encourages urination without electrolyte loss therefore flushing the urinary tract to potentially help avoid kidney stones.
3. Lovage soothes the digestive tract and relieves gas.
4. The compound Quercetin found in lovage inhibits histamine release and acts as a natural allergy relief.
5. It boosts your immune system because It’s rich in B-complex vitamins and vitamin C.
For authentic Bulgarian recipes you could use lovage in, purchase your copy of Ancient Recipes of Bulgaria from Amazon.